Painting is a work created using media that uses points, lines, fields, colors, textures, volumes, and spaces in a two-dimensional plane. In painting gymnastics, there are various styles. There are several steps that must be taken by a painter in making a picture (painting).
Come up with ideas
To come up with creative ideas, it can be done by:
1. Studying or reading a book,
2. Watching documentary films about painting,
3. Visiting exhibitions or museums,
4. See objects directly, and
5. Developing imagination.
After forming / emerging creative ideas, the next step is to choose the materials to be used, for example:
1. Using drawing paper / cardboard and pastels,
2. Using drawing paper / cardboard and markers,
3. Using drawing paper and watercolors,
4. Using drawing paper and acrylic paint, and
5. Using stretched canvas / frame and oil paint.
Determine the Technique
There are several techniques that can be used in painting, including:
1. Technique transparent color (thin color),
2. Color plaque technique (thickness),
3. Expressive stroking techniques using fingers or palette,
4. Thick and textured technique (textured color), and
5. Technique embossed.
After the materials can be determined, the next step is to sketch the image. What is meant by a sketch is the initial image that will be painted. This sketch is what will be finished into a perfect painting.
Perfecting the Painting
The last stage of painting is to complete / complete the sketch that has been made, namely by:
1. Coloring the sketch with light strokes on the main object (positive) and the background (negative)
2. Perfecting the painting by contouring, lighting (spot light), emphasizing, and determining the dark and light.